Saturday, September 8, 2012

Irritabilty

Well my days off did not go as planed!  I spent 6 hours in the hospital Friday due to the fact that I was feeling some uncomfortable pressure off and on in my lower abdomen and lower back.  It has been happening for a few days, and was becoming more frequent so I decided to call the doctor and see if it was normal.  She asked me to come in and get it checked out to be on the safe side.  They hooked me up to the monitors to check the babies heart rates and also to see if I was having contractions.  The boys heartbeats were good, and it seemed like they were having a party inside they were moving around so much! They eventually took the heart rate monitors off so they could get a better read for contractions.  Turns out after hours of monitoring, exam and a ultrasound, that they are not contractions I am feeling (nor are they Braxton Hicks contractions), but what they call Irritability.  My insides are irritated at me and squeezing.  So I was told to rest, drink lots and lots of fluids, and rest some more.  I had big plans for crib shopping and nursery work, but that will have to be put on hold for now.  Sometimes its nice to be forced to lay down and relax.  It is really hard to do though!  Michael and I went out to breakfast this morning, then made a quick pick up at a yard sale, a stop at the apple store, and then a pick up of some baby items at work.  I WAS sitting 90% of the time, so that counts as resting to me!  For the rest of the day, Cash and I spent it on the couch watching some oldies but goodies flicks.  Besides this irritability it was still a good "weekend" for me.  The irritability hasn't gone away yet, I am hoping it will be gone when I wake up tomorrow.  

I hope your days off are just as relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment